Tuesday 23 April 2013

Mythago Wood - Robert Holdstock

This was the book club book!

For those of you who don't know I'm the person that 'runs' the book clubs over at BestFantasyBooks.com and here is a link to the review that I complied. It gives everyones opinions as well as my own.

The only other comment I want to make was that even though I enjoyed it, I don't really want to read the others. I think because it was so different. It was why I wanted to try it, but now I have I am satisfied that I enjoyed it. The lack of characterisation probably doesn't help and that is probably why I ma not emotionally interested in investing more time into their life of Stephen. Maybe I'll get back into it when I don't have so much to read.

Last comment i promise! What this book does well is beautiful prose and a cunning look at philosophy and psychology in a first person narrative. The lack of characterisation is made up for by a stunning ability to hold a reader captive by the sheer beauty of the writing (Especially considering the plot is really slow too).

4 out of 5 myths created from our own minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment